David Tudor Memorial 4’33“ Competition
No tolerance for silence?
Charles Morrow Production and the Faithful! Festival invite you to submit your stereo recordings of John Cage’s flagship composition 4’33“ to the David Tudor Memorial 4’33“ Competition. Any score edition, instrumentation, or recording location is welcome.
Twelve finalists will featured in MorrowSound installations at Galerie Mario Mazzoli in Berlin in the festival „faithful! Fidelity and Betrayal of Musical Interpretation“ (www.faithful-festival.de) and at the Ear Up! Gallery in New York in November 2014. MorrowSound is a state-of-the-art immersive sound environment whose unique approach to vertical movement will transport listeners to the environments in which the performances were recorded.
The Grand Prize winner will receive a one-time cash award of 4,33€ and be announced at the Galerie Mario Mazzoli opening on 16 November.
To submit, please send the following items to firstname.lastname@example.org
• First and last name
• Postal address, phone number, and email address
• Time, date, and location of the recording
• Name of the recordist, if different from the applicant
• A stereo .wav or .aiff file (preferably 48kHz, 24-bit) OR a download link via wetransfer, soundcloud, or private website
• Please do NOT send mp3s or Dropbox invitations
Deadline for submission: 7 November 2014.
For more information please visit
Charles Morrow Productions